This is a fun little dress from some fun fabric. The fabric is from Fabric Mart (of course) and is a lilac linen that has a plaid design. The plaid is created by having spaces in the weave, so I have to wear it with a slip. I actually have a slip that was made specifically to go with this fabric, although the slip was made long before the dress. The slip was my very first version of the Ruby slip in a purple cotton voile (see my other versions of the Ruby slip here and here).
The dress is a pattern I have also made before, McCall’s 4769 (OOP). My first version (made pre-blog) was also a plaid and had long sleeves. As with my previous version, I matched the plaid horizontally at the front and side seams and cut the collar and placket on the bias. Since this fabric is kind of sheer, I used white silk organza as interfacing rather than my usual fusible. The insides are serged and the armholes are finished with a facing.
I was really happy with the fit on the first dress, so the only change I made was to make the pockets larger. I love having pockets in a dress. I also added a snap at the waistline because the button placement caused gaping there. Not much else to say about this little cutey!