This is an ongoing project. You can read the story of how we acquired the couch and see what it looked like inside here. In this post, I show how I got the frame ready to be reupholstered. The first thing I did was use Murphy’s Oil Soap (only like my favorite cleaning product ever)… Read More Restoring a 19th Century Couch: Part 2, Cleaning and Repairs
Aside from fabric, I really don’t like new stuff. I would much rather buy something off of Craigslist or from an estate sale than buy something new. I like that old stuff has stood the test of time. It makes me feel good that I am not causing more resources to be drawn from the… Read More Restoring a 19th Century Couch: Part 1, Deconstruction
This summer is full of home dec projects. This latest one is curtains for our bedroom. I am not really into curtains, but Wade likes it to really dark when he is sleeping. We agreed that I would make curtains with a pattern that I like, lined with blackout cloth. We are not 100% happy… Read More Curtains!
This project is kind of different than what I usually do, and it doesn’t really involve any sewing, so I hope you find it interesting. First, a little background on why I re-did these chairs in the way that I did. Last summer, we found a really good deal on a 19th century couch. (You… Read More I Re-upholstered Two Chairs!